The Evok Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager leads the agency team focusing on the “earned” social media space. This person is the agency’s primary advisor on all social media channels, including social networks, content sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs and wikis. This person must demonstrate extensive social media experience, including knowledge of all platforms and the use of social media for marketing and business purposes. The social media manager actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc., and is well connected with the broader social media world. The social media manager must be able to think strategically, but be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement social media programs for agency clients.
The social media manager leads, manages, and mentors the agency social media team. This person must also be a storyteller, a tribe-builder, someone who knows how to connect with people in a real and genuine way and help them to be part of something big… and who also can change hats to be the agency’s social media data, numbers and analytics expert.
This person creates strategic plans, recommends social media channels appropriate for client marketing, and guides clients in adopting social media strategies. The social media manager coaches clients and agency staff in how to participate in the social media conversation to help grow customer-brand relationships.
The social media manager advises on, manages and monitors the agency’s social media initiatives and participation, and works to grow agency staff participation in and understanding of social media as an agency self-promotion and engagement tool.
The social media manager should have experience, or be willing to acquire such experience, in as many of the following areas as possible: social media tools and techniques; traditional, new media, guerilla and “word of mouth” marketing; strategic planning; product marketing; press and analyst relations; business development; technology; operations; sales; financial and quantitative analysis, and project management.
Reports to the VP, Strategic Planning
• Creates comprehensive social media strategies for both new business pitches and existing clients, defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all client brands.
• Leads, manages and mentors the agency social media team.
• Participates in new business pitches and presentations.
• Implements and manages social media programs.
• Experiments with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”).
• Monitors social media trends, tools and applications, and appropriately applies knowledge to increasing client use of social media.
• Strategizes with and educates the client service team as well as clients on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all company products and services.
• Measures the impact of social media on overall marketing efforts.
• Develops, executes, and monitors all social media paid advertising campaigns
• Administrates the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
• Identifies and improves organizational development aspects (i.e. employee training, team building, department organization, etc.)
• Creates editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
• Collaborates with other departments to manage online reputation, identify key players, coordinate actions, and leverage new and emerging tools/techniques.
• Utilizes knowledge of SEO and works with the agency SEO team to enhance overall content strategy marketing efforts.
· Demonstrate initiative, dependability and professional diplomacy
· Demonstrate good listening, writing and speaking skills
· Demonstrate a complete and thorough understanding of all aspects of assigned projects
· Establish good working relationships with fellow team members
· Establish good working relationships with clients, partners and project stakeholders
· Meet commitments, work independently, stay focused, meet attendance and punctuality requirements
· Listen to others and value opinions, promote a team atmosphere and encourage accomplishment across the agency
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org